SmarterMail has a feature called "Folder Auto-Clean", which allows you to automatically delete messages in the 'Deleted Items,' 'Junk E-mail' or 'Sent Items' folders. Auto-cleaning folders will help prevent your email quota from being used up by spam or deleted messages. Mailboxes can be cleaned based on the age of the messages or the size of the mailbox. Messages deleted during the auto-clean process cannot be retrieved, so be sure to allow enough time before auto-cleaning to review all of your messages.
To set up Folder Auto-Clean in SmarterMail, follow these steps:
1. Login to your SmarterMail interface (webmail.[domain].com)
2. Click the "Settings" link on the left-hand side navigation menu (it is an icon that looks like gears).
3. Click to expand the "Filtering" folder.
4. Click "Folder Auto-Clean".
5. Select "Override auto-clean settings for this account".
6. Click the "Rules" tab.
7. Click "Add Rule".
8. Configure the auto-clean rule as you want it to be configured, then click the "Save" button.
9. Repeat the above step for any other rules you want to add.
10. When you are done, click the "Save" button at the top of the "Folder Auto-Clean" window.