How to lock computer after inactivity in Windows 10?
For added security, consider enabling automatic locking on your Windows 10 computer after a defined period of inactivity. This precaution ensures that unauthorized access is prevented when the computer is unattended. To regain access, you'll need to enter your password upon returning.
Below are the instructions for setting up a password prompt after a period of inactivity on a Windows 10 computer:
1. To open Screen Saver Settings from Run: Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type the following command and press Enter.
2. The Screen Saver Settings box will open.
3. Check the On resume, display logon screen box and select the time duration after which you want Windows to ask for a password.
4. Click on Apply and OK.
These steps ensure that your Windows 10 computer will prompt for a password after a specified period of inactivity, enhancing security when the computer is left unattended.
- If you set the inactivity time to 5 minutes, your Windows 10 computer will prompt you to enter your password after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- If you prefer not to have a screen saver displayed, you can choose "(None)" in the Screen saver menu. Alternatively, if you wish to have a screen saver, you can select any of the available screen saver options.