Terms and Conditions for Computer Services
1. All Prices quoted exclude Tax unless stated otherwise.
2. PRICE AND SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
3. Our Standard payment terms are strictly Cash in Advance Only.
- Electronic transfer (subject to receipt confirmation by our bank)
- Bank Guaranteed cheques by prior arrangement (subject to clearance by our bank)
4. Quotations are valid for 7 days only.
5. A 50% deposit will be required to confirm orders for Build to Order (BTO) PC’s and Notebook PC’s.
6. Confirmation of order is only deemed to have occurred on receipt of deposit funds by SATHYA or by our bank.
7. No Goods are sold on a trial basis.
8. Once BTO PC and Notebook orders are ready for collection, notification will be given and if not collected, the orders may be cancelled by SATHYA after 7 days of notification. After 14 days, the deposit will be forfeited and SATHYA reserves the right to sell the goods in order to defray costs.
9. Orders for BTO PC’s and Notebooks may be cancelled within 24 hours of order confirmation, however a handling charge of Rs. 500 will be issued by SATHYA for such order cancellation.
10. Any queries regarding a purchase must be reported by the following working day. This includes, but is not limited to, omissions (hardware, software, manuals, etc.), invoicing, charging or payment queries.
11. As far as is possible, we will inform the customer of any known bugs in the hardware or software being purchased. Hardware and software bugs are the responsibility of the hardware or software manufacturer.
1. The warranty is only valid for SATHYA Customers within its warranty period.
2. We do not warrant the suitability of goods. Please check the suitability of products with your system and/or the manufacturer before purchasing.
3. Products have a 12 month warranty from date of purchase (Unless otherwise specified).
4. The warranty will be void if the serial number or its label is missing.
5. The warranty will be void if items are written on or tampered with.
6. SATHYA will replace or repair the items if a performance failure has occurred within the warranty period. Items that can be repaired by SATHYA or our suppliers will not be swapped out.
7. The minimum waiting period for the replacement of warranty items is 48 hours after return. This may be extended due to the availability of stock from the Manufacturer or Base Supplier.
8. A component will be declared void and out of warranty if goods are mishandled, struck by lightening or power surges.
9. If a system is returned under warranty, we cannot guarantee safety of any classified Data. It is the Customer’s responsibility to backup all Data including Application Programs prior to returning any system to SATHYA.
10. Damage and defects which are in our opinion directly caused by incorrect or improper use, neglect, power surges, lightening damage, or mishandling by the customer are specifically excluded from any guarantee given or implied.
11. In the event that a system or hardware is sent to us under warranty and it is discovered that the fault has arisen due to misuse, neglect, mishandling, incorrect or improper use, we may, at our discretion, charge for parts and/or labour.
12. In the event that a system or hardware is sent to us under warranty and it is discovered that the system is functioning as intended, or that the fault has arisen as a result of a software issue, we may, at our discretion, charge for our labour.
1. SATHYA does not issue cash refunds.
2. No credits will be issued on Printer Cartridges, Software, Games and CD’s.
3. A credit note for the full purchase price may be issued if returns take place within 48 hours provided goods are in their original packaging, including all manuals & software and are in a resalable condition.
4. Credit notes may be issued for goods returned after 48 hours from date of purchase but within 10 (ten) days. All goods returned are to be correctly packaged. Specifically, goods must be returned in the packaging in which they were received, with all outer boxes and inner packaging intact. Items that are not correctly packaged will attract a minimum 15% handling charge.
5. Original invoices must be presented with all returns.
6. No credit will be issued at all if the return is more than 10 days after the purchase.
1. Faulty goods must be returned to SATHYA
2. Repairs must be returned with a fault report.
3. Please back-up your data on your hard disk drive before sending the PC for Repairs. Our workshop will not be held liable for any loss of data.
4. SATHYA will provide a quotation for repairs which must be approved by the customer prior to commencement of repair work.
5. Rejection of quotation for repair may be charged at a flat rate of Rs. 180.00
6. Workshop repairs carry a 90-day warranty on the repaired item, unless otherwise specified on specific components. The warranty period will commence from Invoice date.
7. Any repairs that are not collected after 45 days will be disposed of without further notice.
8. Any software configuration, installation or virus removal carried out and demonstrated to the Customer as working correctly is considered from that stage as completed task. If a similar fault occurs they will be treated as chargeable and will form a new contract.
9. SATHYA will only support Operating Systems and Application Software for which the Customer has valid licenses and the original CD’s or media on which the software was delivered.
10. If, during the course of an upgrade and/or repair, it is necessary to reinstall the customer’s software or operating system, the customer will have to supply SATHYA with original software installation disks and/or serial numbers and /or product keys. Failure to provide installation disk, serial numbers or product keys may make it impossible to install such software and/or operating systems.
11. SATHYA reserves the right not to install, reinstall or test any software that we suspect may be pirated or obtained through any illegal means.
12. New components installed as the result of a repair or an upgrade will have a one-year warranty from the date of their purchase (unless otherwise specified). No new or additional warranty is given or implied on existing components.
13. SATHYA does not accept liabilities for any unforeseen hardware failure that occurs while a System or hardware components are in our possession.
14. SATHYA does not deliver repaired items.
15. SATHYA is not liable for any consequential loss or expenses, however caused, including incidental return costs.
SATHYA reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.