1. On your keyboard, press Win+R to open the Run dialog box
2. In Run dialog box, type the following command, which is not case sensitive, and then press ENTER:
3. Remote Desktop Connection window appears. In the Computer box, type the name of the computer that you want
to connect to, and then click Connect. (You can also type the IP address instead of the computer name.)
Computer name list:
4. Depending on the age of the server and software, you'll either be connected and then see a login prompt or you'll see a login prompt and then be connected. Do one of the following:
For this style prompt, to log in with the same account you used to log in last:
Password: the password for the administrator account on the server.
For this style prompt, to log in with a different account than the one you used to log in last:
Click Use another account and then, enter the following:
- User name: the user name for the administrator account on the server.
- Password: the password for that administrator account.
5. If you see a security warning, click Yes