If legitimate email messages are being marked accidently as spam, and you know they are from a legitimate email address, there is a way to rectify this problem by using the Trusted Senders feature in SmarterMail. This feature allows you to "whitelist" email addresses or domains, thus bypassing the spam filtering rules you have setup. NOTE: Any content filtering rules you have configured will NOT be bypassed by adding users to the Trusted Senders list.
To set up Trusted Senders, follow these instructions:
1. Log into SmarterMail with the email account you want to apply the Trusted Senders setting to.
2. Once in the SmarterMail interface, click the "Settings" link on the left-hand side navigation menu (it is an
icon that looks like gears).
3. Expand the "My Settings" folder and click on "Trusted Senders".
4. Click the "New" button.
5. Enter the email addresses/domains you want to whitelist, line by line.
6. Click on the "Save" button.