SmarterMail, each individual email user has the ability to set up an
auto-responder that will automatically respond to email messages sent to that
address. You will need to log in to the webmail interface as that user to
configure the auto-responder.
enable the auto-responder on an email account, follow these steps:
1. Log into to your SmarterMail webmail
interface (https://mail.yourdomain.com) with the full email address
of the user
for whom you want to add an auto-responder message. (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Once in the SmarterMail interface, click the
"Settings" link on the
left-hand side navigation menu (it is
an icon that looks like gears).
3. Click to expand the "My Settings" folder.
4. Click "Auto-Responder".
5. Select the "Options" tab if it is not already selected.
6. Check the box next to "Enable auto-responder".
7. Check or uncheck the other boxes according to
how you want the auto-responder to behave. "Disable
responses to indirect mail" will prevent the
auto-responder from responding to email not directly
addressed to you (for example, an email you get because you are listed in the CC: field).
8. Click the "Auto-Responder Message" tab.
9. In the "Subject" field, enter the subject you want the automated
response email to have.
10. Select "HTML" or "Text"
from the "Compose Format"
dropdown box. Note that some email providers
may be more likely to mark HTML
email as spam, so you may want to select "Text" to make sure the
recipient sees your response.
11. Enter the body of the automated response in
the "Message" text field.
12. Click "Save".