Although SmarterMail does not have a distribution list feature, users can create categories and assign contacts to categories in order to easily send messages to a select group of email addresses. For example, if you are working on a project with a dozen people in your contacts list, you can assign them to the same category (such as "Project X"). This allows you to easily filter through your contacts list to find and email only the contacts assigned to the Project X category.
Follow these steps to assign a contact to a category:
1. Log in to SmarterMail as a user.
2. Click the Contacts icon. A list of contacts will load in the navigation pane.
3. Click the desired contact. The contact details will display in the content pane.
4. Click Edit in the content pane toolbar.
5. Click the Categories tab and select the category you would like to assign the contact to. NOTE: If the category
does not exist, you can create a new category by clicking the Master Categories button and typing the new
category name in the text box. Be sure to separate categories with a comma.
6. Click Save.
Follow these steps to send a message to all of the contacts in a category:
1. Click the Contacts icon. A list of contacts will load in the navigation pane.
2. Click the View menu in the navigation pane toolbar. Then click Filter, click Category and click the desired
category. All contacts assigned to the selected category will load in the navigation pane.
3. To send a message to all of the contacts in this category, click the Actions menu and click Select All.
4. Click the Actions menu again and click Send Email. This will open a new message addressed to all of the
contacts in the selected category.
5. Compose the email and click Send.