SmarterMail now has a built in chat. This can be used by all users of the same domain to keep all communication internal. Any chat client that support this protocol can be used with SmarterMail.
Follow these steps to connect SmarterMail chat to Pandion:
1. Open Pandion.
2. Click Register a new instant messaging address.
3. Enter your display name and click Next.
4. In the Server Information field, enter your domain, such as example.com.
5. Enter your SmarterMail username (i.e. jsmith) and password.
6. Click Connection Settings.
7. Enter the address of the SmarterMail server, such as mail.yourdomainname.com (Substitute your domain name
8. In the Port field, enter the port number : 5222
9. Select the Use TLS encryption if available on the server checkbox.
10. Click OK.
11. Wait until the Address Registration completes and click Next.
12. Click Finish.