2. Expand the Chat section, choose XMPP/Jabber then click Next.
3. Select Use existing Jabber account and click Next.
4. For the Jabber ID enter your SmarterMail username (exclude the domain). For the Password, enter the
associated SmarterMail password.
5. Uncheck the setting for Automatically detect server host and user name. Click Next.
6. Make any necessary modifications to the account's display name to be used within eM Client and click
7. Click Finish to complete the initial configuration.
8. Some further modifications must be made after the initial configuration. In the Accounts window, click on
the Chat account, if not already selected.
9. Please follow these guidelines for configuring the chat settings:
▪ Host: Enter the SmarterMail URL. (e.g., mail.example.com)
▪ Port: 5222
▪ Domain: Enter only the domain. (e.g., example.com)
▪ User name: Do not include the domain. (e.g., johndoe)
▪ Do not checkmark the setting for Use Legacy SSL.
10. Click OK to save the modified settings and complete the XMPP connection.