3. Click Add.
4. In the Protocol field, select XMPP.
5. In the Username field, enter your SmarterMail username. For example, jsmith.
6. In the Domain field, enter your domain, such as example.com.
7. In the Resource field, enter a word that is unique for all of your other clients.
8. In the Password field, enter the password used to log in to SmarterMail.
9. Select the Remember password checkbox.
10. Click the Advanced tab.
11. In the Connection Security field, select Use encryption if available.
12. Select the Allow plain text auth over unencrypted streams checkbox.
13. In the Connect server field, enter your server name, such as mail.example.com.
14. Click Add.