Smarterping auto sends alerts and messages when anything goes wrong or something happens which is worth bringing to notice. Initially, we need to configure “Overspeed” event to notify if object exceeded predefined speed. To do so, follow the steps listed below:
1. Sign in to your Smarterping account.
2. Click on Settings in the top left menu icon.
3. On the Settings window, click on Events tab
4. To create new event press + button in left bottom corner.
5. Event properties window will appear.
6. Adding a event - Overspeed (event is triggered if object exceeded predefined speed) requires following
pieces of information. The available fields and it's actions are explained below:
Event name - event name that will be displayed in events list.
Event type - select the event type “Overspeed” in the events list
Active - Turns on and off event. Useful if you don’t want to receive event messages but want to keep event for further usage.
Selected objects - select object for which event is created. To select multiple objects keep "Ctrl"button pressed.
Send command - read service manual of your GPS device to get all available commands.
Notification about event
System message - turns on and off system message. Note: system message will be seen only in used browser window.
Auto hide - automatically hide message after some period of time.
Sound alert - choose notification sound.
Message to e-mail box - turns on and off message to e-mail which is triggered by selected event. Note: notification may be sent to different e-mails, separate e-mail addresses with comma.
SMS to mobile phone - sends event message via SMS. Note: this option is unavailable with current version.
Speed limit (kph) - sets speed limit, works with overspeed event.
7. After setting parameters, press Save button.